You are here
- Home >
- Decreasing Injuries in Grocery Distribution
Decreasing Injuries in Grocery Distribution
SRI-Ergonomics partnered with a large East Coast grocery chain, to help decrease the rates of strain & sprain injuries particularly among their warehouse Order Selectors. These injuries were due to the:
- Highly repetitive handling of cases and other grocery items;
- Heavy weights of many of these cases; and
- Awkward postures required to remove cases from slots and position them on outbound pallets..
Our ergonomics efforts included:
- Providing in-depth ergonomics training to groups of managers, safety & health personnel, and production employees;
- Conducting ergonomics assessments of production jobs and providing recommendations for process improvement; and
- Developing corporate- and facility-level ergonomics teams and an overall macroergonomics process for the company.
The result of these collective efforts resulted in a 50% reduction in injuries the year after all work was completed.