You are here
- Home >
- Marras Candidate for HFES President
Marras Candidate for HFES President
Dr. William Marras, Honda Chair Professor and Executive Director of the Institute for Ergonomics, is a candidate in the 2014 election of President of the Human Factors & Ergonomics Society. His overarching goal for HFES is to ensure that the Society remains relevant in a rapidly changing world. He believes that, in order to do this, the Society needs to make sure that it provides value to both the academic and applied membership and offers a welcoming environment to those interested in learning about the profession.
Dr. Marras believes these goals can be accomplished through several efforts, including:
- Facilitating and disseminating high-quality, multidisciplinary research through modern, varied media mechanisms
- Encouraging many more practitioners to interact with HFES
- Focusing on translation of research to those who can use it, and encouraging interaction between researchers and practitioners
- Reaching out to young potential members to get involved in HFES and encouraging newer members to take on leadership roles in the Society
- Ensuring that HFES remains relevant on the national and international stages
Information about all HFES candidates for the 2014 elections can be found online.