SRI: Marras elected to be next HFES president
, Executive & Scientific Director of the Spine Research Institute, has been selected to be the next president of the Dr. William MarrasHuman Factors & Ergonomics Society. His overarching goal for HFES is to ensure that the Society remains relevant in a rapidly changing world. He believes that, in order to do this, the Society needs to make sure that it provides value to both the academic and applied membership and must offer a welcoming environment to those interested in learning about the profession.
Dr. Marras believes these goals can be accomplished through several efforts, including:
- Facilitating and disseminating high-quality, multidisciplinary research through modern, varied media mechanisms
- Encouraging many more practitioners to interact with HFES
- Focusing on translation of research to those who can use it, and encouraging interaction between researchers and practitioners
- Reaching out to young potential members to get involved in HFES and encouraging newer members to take on leadership roles in the Society
- Ensuring that HFES remains relevant on the national and international stages