You are here
- Home >
- Marras Elected HFES President
Marras Elected HFES President
Dr. William Marras, Ohio State's Honda Chair Professor, Executive Director of the Spine Research Institute, and Executive Director of the Institute for Ergonomics, has been selected to be the next president of the Human Factors & Ergonomics Society.
He will begin his term as President-Elect at the 2014 HFES Annual Meeting in Chicago (October 27-31).
Dr. Marras' overarching goal for HFES is to ensure that the Society remains relevant in a rapidly changing world. He believes that, in order to do this, the Society needs to make sure that it provides value to both the academic and applied membership and must offer a welcoming environment to those interested in learning about the profession. Further, he believes these goals can be accomplished by:
- Facilitating and disseminating high-quality, multidisciplinary research through modern, varied media mechanisms
- Encouraging many more practitioners to interact with HFES
- Focusing on translation of research to those who can use it, and encouraging interaction between researchers and practitioners
- Reaching out to young potential members to get involved in HFES and encouraging newer members to take on leadership roles in the Society
- Ensuring that HFES remains relevant on the national and international stages
The term of office of the President-Elect is approximately one year, followed by approximately one year as President and then approximately one year as Immediate Past President.