You are here
- Home >
- It's Official! SRI is Now an MSD Prevention Research Site
It's Official! SRI is Now an MSD Prevention Research Site
The purpose of this Site is to create a more comprehensive, quantitative understanding of causal pathways for the development of both primary and secondary MSDs in the occupational environment.
Our Site is now one of the many Industry/University Cooperative Research Centers that exists nationwide; these are long-term partnerships between industry, research institutions, and government. NSF invests in these to promote research, contribute to U.S. scientific knowledge, enhance the engineering and science workforces; and facilitate technology transfer to industry.
The research to be conducted at this Site is directed totally by our industry members. Member companies gain several benefits, including:
- Guiding innovative injury prevention research and work assessment tools
- Discovering state-of-the-art trends in primary and secondary injury prevention
- Networking and benchmarking with industry colleagues
- Establishing relationships with a broad array of leading researchers
- Leveraging research funding with low overhead (10%)
- Getting a large return on Member investment (estimated at ~3.5)
- Gaining pre-publication access to important research projects
- Having opportunities to recruit students for full-time positions
To learn more about this exciting venture, please contact Gary Allread.