You are here
- Home >
- Wayne Carlson
- Faculty Emeritus, Design
128 N. Oval Mall
Columbus, OH 43210
Apple Distinguished Educator Award. Apple Computer.
Excellence in Education Award. Ohio Association of Historical Societies and Museums.
GII Health Award. Global Information Infrastructure.
Ameritech Faculty Fellowship. Ameritech Corporation.
CEN Cultural Performance Award. Central Educational Network.
Recognition of Service Award. Association of Computing Machinery, ACM-SIGGRAPH.
Silver Award. Broadcast Designers Association.
Clio Award. Clio Awards.
BDA Design Competition Silver Award. Broadcast Designers Association.
BPME Design Competition Gold Medallion. Broadcast Promotion & Marketing Executives.
Clio Award. Clio Awards.
Bronze Award. International Film and TV Festival of New York.
Gold Award. International Film and TV Festival of New York.
BDA Design Competition Gold Award. International Film and TV Festival of New York.
Silver Award. International Film and TV Festival of New York.
- Dr Wayne Earl Carlson. 2005. "Between the Rivers: The Story of Grandview Heights and Marble Cliff." Infinity Publishing.
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson. 1988. "3D Modeling and Database Construction." Tokyo: CG&CAD/CAM Curriculum Research and Development Group.
- Grissom, Scott, Wayne Carlson and Gary Perlman. 1989. "Tablet-Based Valuators: A Comparison of Virtual Buttons and Hand Gestures for Interactive Computer Graphics." In Advances in Human Factors & Ergonomics, VIZA-Work with Computers: Organizational, Management, Stress and Health Aspects, edited by Garriel Salvendy and Michael J. Smith, 476 - 483. Amsterdam: Elsevier Publishing.
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson. 1988. "Computer Graphics." In For All Practical Purposes - Introduction to Contemporary Mathematics, edited by Solomon Garfunkle and Lynn Steen, 395 - 413. New York: W.H. Freeman & Co.
- Ferdi Scheepers, Richard Parent, Wayne Carlson, Stephen May, 1997, Anatomy-based Modeling of the Human Musculature. Computer Graphics - Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 97 Conference 31, no. 3, 163 - 172.
- David Y. Yun, Hong-Mei C. Garcia, Seong K. Mun, James E. Rogers, Walid G. Tohme, Wayne E. Carlson, Stephen May, and Roni Yagel, 1996, Three Dimensional Volume Visualization in Remote Radiation Treatment Planning. Proceedings of the IS&T/SPIE Symposium on Electronic Imaging: Science and Technology, Visual Data Exploration and Analysis III, The International Society for Optical Engineering SPIE 2656, no. 23, 23 - 32.
- David M. Reed, Lawson Wade, Peter G. Carswell, and Wayne E. Carlson, 1995, Particle Tracing in Curvilinear Grids. Proceedings of the IS&T/SPIE Symposium on Electronic Imaging: Science and Technology, Visual Data Exploration and Analysis II, The International Society for Optical Engineering SPIE 2410, no. 120, 120 - 128.
- Stredney Don, Carlson Wayne, Swan JE, and Blostein Beth, 1995, The Determination of Environmental Accessibility and ADA Compliance Through Virtual Wheelchair Simulation. PRESENCE - Journal of Teleoperators and Virtual Environments 4, no. 3, 297 - 305.
- David S. Ebert, Wayne E. Carlson and Richard E. Parent, 1993, Solid Spaces and Inverse Particle Systems for Controlling the Animation of Gases and Fluids. The Visual Computer 10, no. 2, 179 - 190.
- Rosenblum, Rob, Wayne Carlson, and Ed Tripp, 1992, Simulating the Structure and Dynamics of Human Hair: Modelling, Rendering and Animation. The Journal of Visualization and Computer Animation (Special Issue on Facial Animation) 2, no. 4, 141 - 148.
- Kent, James, Wayne Carlson and Richard Parent, 1992, Shape transformation for polyhedral objects. Computer Graphics - Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 92 Conference 26, no. 2, 47 - 54.
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson, 1990, "A Survey of Computer Graphics Image Encoding and Storage Formats." Computer Graphics 24, no. 2, 17 - 36.
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson, 1990, An Environment for a Graduate Curriculum in Computer Graphics. SIGCSE Bulletin 22, no. 2, 15 - 20.
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson, 1982, An Algorithm and Data Structure for Three Dimensional Object Synthesis Using Surface Patch Intersections. Computer Graphics - Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 82 Conference 16, no. 3, 255 - 264.
- Wayne Earl Carlson, Robert Marshall and Rodger Wilson, 1980, Procedure Models for Generating Three Dimensional Terrain. Computer Graphics - Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 80 Conference 14, no. 2, 154 - 161.
- C. Csuri, R. Hackathorn, R. Parent, W. Carlson, M. Howard, 1979, Towards an Interactive High Visual Complexity Animation System. Computer Graphics - Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 79 Conference 13, no. 2, 289 - 299.
- "Computer Graphics and Mathematical Simulation." 1981, Presented at Mathematics Association of America,
- "Software Development in Computer Animation." 1985, Presented at Parigraph '85,
- "Emerging Technologies: Interdisciplinary Challenges and Opportunities." 1996, Presented at BASA/OSBA Spring Academy, Buckeye Association of School Administrators Annual Conference,
- "Interdisciplinary Research: Art Meets Science." 1996, Presented at Sigma Xi Annual Meeting,
- "Crossing the Stratified Boundaries: Interdisciplinarity in Action." 1997, Presented at Austin Knowlton School of Architecture Spring Colloquium Series,
- "Interdisciplinary Activity at a Comprehensive Research University." 2001, Presented at University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University and the Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design,
- "Computer Art - What It Is and What It Might Become." 2001, Presented at Columbus Museum of Art Sessions Society,
- "History of Computer Graphics and Animation." 2007, Presented at CSCC Lifelong Learning Institute,
- "Computer-Aided Design - Automotive, Architecture, and Fashion." 1984, Presented at Forum International des Nouvelles Images, 24th Festival International de Television de Monte Carlo,
- "Techniques and Approaches to Computer Art." 2003, Presented at the School for Older Wiser Lifelong Scholars (OWLS), Westminster-Thurber Communit,
- "Animation in Medicine and Industry." 1985, Presented at Comgraf Design â€˜85 East,
- "Computer Graphics and Animation." 1993, Presented at Technology and Postmodern Culture, a program of the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies in Art and Design,
- "SimUniversity: Planning the University Campus in the Age of Telecommunications,â€�." 1996, Presented at Finding Our Way â€˜96 â€“ Technology and Education: Extending Frontiers of Learning Through Codevelopment, Center for Advanced Studies in Telecommunications Research Forum,
- "Solving the Unsolved Problems in Computer Graphics." 2000, Presented at Design Group Virtual Design Symposium,
- "Computer Animation." 1994, Presented at Cutting Edge Technologies - Central Ohio Technology Day,
- "Animation and Computer Generated Special Effects." 1984, Presented at Convergence Forum on the New Film/Video Technology,
- "Coupled Forecasting Using the NASA ACTS." 1995, Presented at Plenary Session, NASA ACTS Results Conference,
- "Computer Animation in Design, Entertainment, Advertising, and Education." 1991, Presented at The International Conference on Intelligent Computer-Aided Design,
- "Computer Graphics and Animation." 1994, Presented at Cultural Programs Seminar Series,
- "Computer Animation and its Uses in Interactive Museum Displays." 1986, Presented at National Geographic Society,
- "The Use of the Home Personal Computer in the Education of Children." 1995, Presented at The Ohio State University Womenâ€™s Club - Child Development Special Interest Group,
- "Technology and Research in the Arts - The Intelligent Classroom." 1995, Presented at 32nd Annual Conference of the International Council of Fine Arts Deans,
- "Computer Graphics and Animation in Industrial Design." 1984, Presented at Mideast Regional Conference, Industrial Designers Society of America,
- "Computer Animation in the United States." 1983, Presented at 10th Australian Computer Conference,
- "The Design of Museum Displays Using the Digital Computer." 1986, Presented at American Museum Association Annual Meeting,
- "Scientific Visualization." 1993, Presented at OSU Department of Physics Colloquium,
- "Instructional Technology and its Role in Managing Change." 1996, Presented at Managing Change: reSource 15 Year Celebration,
- "Teaching Civics with Emerging Technologies." 1997, Presented at Annual conference of the Ohio Education Association,
Papers in Proceedings
- Stredney, Don, Yagel, Roni, Carlson Wayne, Moeller Torsten, Shih PW, and Mark Fontana "Assessing User Proficiency Through Virtual Simulations." in Proceedings of RESNA ‘97, annual meeting of the Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America. Pittsburgh, PA, (1 1997). 366 - 368.
- Wayne E. Carlson and Arun Welch "The design of a high-speed network for distributed coupling of scientific simulation models using the NASA ACTS." in Proceedings of AIAA International Communications Satellite Systems Conference. Washington, DC, (1 1996). 25 - 29.
- Wayne Earl Carlson , Keith Bedford, etal "Visualization of Results from Distributed, Coupled, Supercomputer-Based Mesoscale Atmospheric and Lake Models using the NASA ACTS." in Proceedings of the NASA Results Conference. Cleveland, Ohio, (1 1995). HDR6:1 - 9.
- Wayne Earl Carlson, Whalid Thome, etal "The NASA Advanced Communications Technology Satellite: The MISSION Project." in Proceedings of the NASA Results Conference. Cleveland, Ohio, (1 1995). HDR8:1 - 13.
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson "The Application of Virtual Wheelchair Simulation to the Determination of Environmental Accessibility and Compliance in Architectural Design." in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Systems Research, Informatics and Cybernetics. Baden-Baden, Germany, (1 1994). 1 - 5.
- Swan, J.Edward II; Stredney, Don; Carlson, Wayne; & Blostein, Beth "The Determination of Wheelchair User Proficiency and Environmental Accessibility Through Virtual Simulation." in Proceedings of the Second Annual International Conference: Virtual Reality and Persons with Disabilities. Northridge, California, (1 1994). 156 - 161.
- Kent, J, Parent, R. and Carlson, W. "Establishing Correspondences by Topological Merging: A New Approach to 3-D Shape Transformation." in Proceedings of Graphics Interface ,91. Calgary, Alberta, Canada, (1 1991). 229 - 235.
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson "Overview of Computer Graphics State of the Art in Industrial Animation." in Proceedings of the 10th Australian Computer Conference. Melbourne, Australia, (1 1983). 46 - 52.
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson "A 3-D Color Graphics System for Interactive Analysis in Computer-Aided Design." in Proceedings of 1979 ACM Computer Science Conference. Dayton, Ohio, (1 1979). 121 - 124.
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson "The Use of Color and 3-D Temporal and Spatial Data Management Techniques in Computer-Aided Design." in Proceedings of the 16th Annual International Design Automation Conference. San Diego, California, (1 1979). 32 - 38.