You are here
- Home >
- Wayne Carlson
- Faculty Emeritus, Design
128 N. Oval Mall
Columbus, OH 43210
Apple Distinguished Educator Award.
Excellence in Education Award.
GII Health Award.
Ameritech Faculty Fellowship.
CEN Cultural Performance Award.
Recognition of Service Award.
BDA Design Competition Silver Award.
BPME Design Competition Gold Medallion.
BDA Design Competition Gold Award.
- Dr Wayne Earl Carlson. 2005. "Between the Rivers: The Story of Grandview Heights and Marble Cliff." Infinity Publishing.
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson. 1988. "3D Modeling and Database Construction." CG&CAD/CAM Curriculum Research and Development Group.
- 1989. "Tablet-Based Valuators: A Comparison of Virtual Buttons and Hand Gestures for Interactive Computer Graphics." In Advances in Human Factors & Ergonomics, VIZA-Work with Computers: Organizational, Management, Stress and Health Aspects, edited by Garriel Salvendy and Michael J. Smith,
- 1988. "Computer Graphics." In For All Practical Purposes - Introduction to Contemporary Mathematics, edited by Solomon Garfunkle and Lynn Steen,
- David Y. Yun, Hong-Mei C. Garcia, Seong K. Mun, James E. Rogers, Walid G. Tohme, Wayne E. Carlson, Stephen May, and Roni Yagel, 1996, Three Dimensional Volume Visualization in Remote Radiation Treatment Planning. Proceedings of the IS&T/SPIE Symposium on Electronic Imaging: Science and Technology, Visual Data Exploration and Analysis III, The International Society for Optical Engineering SPIE 2656, no. 23, 23-32 - 23-32.
- David M. Reed, Lawson Wade, Peter G. Carswell, and Wayne E. Carlson, 1995, Particle Tracing in Curvilinear Grids. Proceedings of the IS&T/SPIE Symposium on Electronic Imaging: Science and Technology, Visual Data Exploration and Analysis II, The International Society for Optical Engineering SPIE 2410, no. 120, 120-128 - 120-128.
- Stredney Don, Carlson Wayne, Swan JE, and Blostein Beth, 1995, The Determination of Environmental Accessibility and ADA Compliance Through Virtual Wheelchair Simulation. PRESENCE - Journal of Teleoperators and Virtual Environments 4, no. 3, 297-305 - 297-305.
- David S. Ebert, Wayne E. Carlson and Richard E. Parent, 1993, Solid Spaces and Inverse Particle Systems for Controlling the Animation of Gases and Fluids. The Visual Computer 10, no. 2, 179-190 - 179-190.
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson, 1990, "A Survey of Computer Graphics Image Encoding and Storage Formats." Computer Graphics 24, no. 2, 17-36 - 17-36.
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson, 1982, An Algorithm and Data Structure for Three Dimensional Object Synthesis Using Surface Patch Intersections. Computer Graphics - Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 82 Conference 16, no. 3, 255-264 - 255-264.
- Wayne Earl Carlson, Robert Marshall and Rodger Wilson, 1980, Procedure Models for Generating Three Dimensional Terrain. Computer Graphics - Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 80 Conference 14, no. 2, 154-161 - 154-161.
- C. Csuri, R. Hackathorn, R. Parent, W. Carlson, M. Howard, 1979, Towards an Interactive High Visual Complexity Animation System. Computer Graphics - Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 79 Conference 13, no. 2, 289-299 - 289-299.
- "Computer-Aided Design - Automotive, Architecture, and Fashion." 1984, Presented at Forum International des Nouvelles Images, 24th Festival International de Television de Monte Carlo,
- "Animation and Computer Generated Special Effects." 1984, Presented at Convergence Forum on the New Film/Video Technology,
- "Instructional Technology and its Role in Managing Change." 1996, Presented at Managing Change: reSource 15 Year Celebration,
- "Computer Animation in the United States." 1983, Presented at 10th Australian Computer Conference,
- "Computer Graphics and Animation in Industrial Design." 1984, Presented at Mideast Regional Conference, Industrial Designers Society of America,
- "Computer Graphics and Animation." 1993, Presented at Technology and Postmodern Culture, a program of the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies in Art and Design,
- "Computer Graphics and Animation." 1994, Presented at Cultural Programs Seminar Series,
- "The Use of the Home Personal Computer in the Education of Children." 1995, Presented at The Ohio State University Womenâ€™s Club - Child Development Special Interest Group,
- "Technology and Research in the Arts - The Intelligent Classroom." 1995, Presented at 32nd Annual Conference of the International Council of Fine Arts Deans,
- "Interdisciplinary Research: Art Meets Science." 1996, Presented at Sigma Xi Annual Meeting,
- "Interdisciplinary Activity at a Comprehensive Research University." 2001, Presented at University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University and the Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design,
- "Computer Art - What It Is and What It Might Become." 2001, Presented at Columbus Museum of Art Sessions Society,
- "Software Development in Computer Animation." 1985, Presented at Parigraph '85,
- "Computer Animation and its Uses in Interactive Museum Displays." 1986, Presented at National Geographic Society,
- "Computer Animation in Design, Entertainment, Advertising, and Education." 1991, Presented at The International Conference on Intelligent Computer-Aided Design,
- "Computer Animation." 1994, Presented at Cutting Edge Technologies - Central Ohio Technology Day,
- "Teaching Civics with Emerging Technologies." 1997, Presented at Annual conference of the Ohio Education Association,
- "Techniques and Approaches to Computer Art." 2003, Presented at the School for Older Wiser Lifelong Scholars (OWLS), Westminster-Thurber Communit,
- "Computer Graphics and Mathematical Simulation." 1981, Presented at Mathematics Association of America,
- "The Design of Museum Displays Using the Digital Computer." 1986, Presented at American Museum Association Annual Meeting,
- "Scientific Visualization." 1993, Presented at OSU Department of Physics Colloquium,
- "Coupled Forecasting Using the NASA ACTS." 1995, Presented at Plenary Session, NASA ACTS Results Conference,
- "Emerging Technologies: Interdisciplinary Challenges and Opportunities." 1996, Presented at BASA/OSBA Spring Academy, Buckeye Association of School Administrators Annual Conference,
- "SimUniversity: Planning the University Campus in the Age of Telecommunications,â€�." 1996, Presented at Finding Our Way â€˜96 â€“ Technology and Education: Extending Frontiers of Learning Through Codevelopment, Center for Advanced Studies in Telecommunications Research Forum,
- "Crossing the Stratified Boundaries: Interdisciplinarity in Action." 1997, Presented at Austin Knowlton School of Architecture Spring Colloquium Series,
- "Solving the Unsolved Problems in Computer Graphics." 2000, Presented at Design Group Virtual Design Symposium,
- "History of Computer Graphics and Animation." 2007, Presented at CSCC Lifelong Learning Institute,
- "Animation in Medicine and Industry." 1985, Presented at Comgraf Design â€˜85 East,
Papers in Proceedings
- Stredney, Don, Yagel, Roni, Carlson Wayne, Moeller Torsten, Shih PW, and Mark Fontana "Assessing User Proficiency Through Virtual Simulations." in Proceedings of RESNA ‘97, annual meeting of the Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America. (1 1997).
- Wayne Earl Carlson, Whalid Thome, etal "The NASA Advanced Communications Technology Satellite: The MISSION Project." in Proceedings of the NASA Results Conference. (1 1995).
- Wayne Earl Carlson , Keith Bedford, etal "Visualization of Results from Distributed, Coupled, Supercomputer-Based Mesoscale Atmospheric and Lake Models using the NASA ACTS." in Proceedings of the NASA Results Conference. (1 1995).
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson "The Application of Virtual Wheelchair Simulation to the Determination of Environmental Accessibility and Compliance in Architectural Design." in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Systems Research, Informatics and Cybernetics. (1 1994).
- Swan, J.Edward II; Stredney, Don; Carlson, Wayne; & Blostein, Beth "The Determination of Wheelchair User Proficiency and Environmental Accessibility Through Virtual Simulation." in Proceedings of the Second Annual International Conference: Virtual Reality and Persons with Disabilities. (1 1994).
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson "Overview of Computer Graphics State of the Art in Industrial Animation." in Proceedings of the 10th Australian Computer Conference. (1 1983).
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson "A 3-D Color Graphics System for Interactive Analysis in Computer-Aided Design." in Proceedings of 1979 ACM Computer Science Conference. (1 1979).
- Dr. Wayne Earl Carlson "The Use of Color and 3-D Temporal and Spatial Data Management Techniques in Computer-Aided Design." in Proceedings of the 16th Annual International Design Automation Conference. (1 1979).